Links to other websites
Our website may contain links that enable you to visit other websites of interest. We do not have control over the other websites so please proceed with precaution when using these links to leave our site. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you have provided whilst visiting such sites.
It is important that you read this notice as it describes the method of managing the site regarding the handling of personal information of those who use it.
Data protection and data processing
The “data controller” is the party that collects the data subject’s information. For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, the “data controller” is the client of Kelly’s Records Management. Kelly’s Records Management processes the data on behalf of the data controller, our client, therefore we are the “data processor.”
Types of Data we Collect
For more information on what cookies are and how to enable/disable their use, visit: https://cookiesandyou.com/
Website registration and Mailing list
When registering to our website or clicking subscribe to our email services, we may ask for the following information:
- job title
- contact detail
- personal email address
This is so that you are able to login to your digital portal so you can manage your data online as well as receive guides and information that we think may be of interest to you.
What we do with the information we gather
We acquire this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- administer the website;
- improve our products and services;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- periodically send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you;
- send you email notifications which has been specifically requested by you;
- manage enquires and complaints made by or about you in relation to the website;
- from time-to-time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail;
We will not provide any information to third parties for purpose of direct marketing without your consent unless we are required by law to do so. We do however use the third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our communications. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by contacting email@example.com.
Recording of telephone conversations
All telephone conversations made to Kelly's Records Management are recorded, including calls made by us. These calls may be used to assist with our internal training and staff appraisal. Recorded telephone conversations may also be retained by Kelly's Records Management as a record of evidence of an acceptance of contract.
Controlling your personal information
Under the principle of ‘fair processing’ under GDPR, you have control of your personal data. This means you (1) have the option to request the deletion of your personal data and (2) you’re told how you can do that. This section will guide you through your options.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever we ask you to fill in a form on the website, you have the option to opt-in to any future communications/any use of your information for direct marketing purposes. If you do not explicitly opt-in we will not contact you.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing, writing or emailing us.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our head office (see below).
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address at the bottom of this page. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable precaution to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We store all the information you provide to us on our secure, password and firewall protected servers. However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your user details and password confidential. We will not ask you for your password – except when you log in to the website.
Your data will be stored in our servers for seven years, if you are a client your data will be retained for seven year after the termination of your contract. After this date your data will be removed unless you give permission for Kelly’s Records Management to keep your information on our system.
Contacting Kelly's Records Management
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that Kelly’s RM has about you
- Correct any information that Kelly’s RM has about you
- Delete information that Kelly’s RM has about you
Freephone: 0800 652 0325
Head office: Kelly's Storage Ltd, Westfield Road, Slyfield Industrial Estate, Guilford, Surrey, GU1 1SB, United Kingdom
Co. Reg: 3780449